In order to ensure the preservation, usability and accessibility content for long term availability, there is a need for management policies and actions, called as Digital Archiving Policy.
Principle of Digital Archiving
- Intellectual Property: JAIMS is committed to provide access to digital materials while respecting and upholding the intellectual property rights of authors and obtaining prior consent.
- Access: Digital preservation activities are performed with the primary goal of long-term access to digital collections.
- Authenticity: It ensures that data remain unaltered and the original data is preserved.
Journal of Ayurveda and Integrated Medical Sciences (JAIMS) is putting in constant efforts to archive the published manuscripts in various archiving and Indexing agencies, which are as under:
Metadata harvesting is done at
- We digitally archive all the published manuscript in LOCKSS via PKP
- Open Archives Initiative (OAI-PMH)
- BASE (Bielefeld Academic Search Engine): are a Next Generation Multi-Level Repository-based Service Provider. (Under Process)
Road: The Directory of Open Access Scholarly Resources.